Gabriel
Gabriel, 14
Victorian

Chatbox



, Gordon, Darryl, Andrew, Zac , Say Wee, Ryan,


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Archives.

January 2010


Credits @Guaranteeheartz!

Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2010








I remember that day… I woke up in the morning as usual. To me, it was just an ordinary and typical day. I dragged my feet to the toilet with my eyes half open. I seriously hate waking up early in the morning. Why can’t schools start later? Like 8 or maybe 9? It’s the school’s fault that I have heavy eye-bags. Well, despite having woken up early in the morning for 6 years, I still couldn’t get used to waking up early in the morning. It still haunts me every morning. But I still had to face the fact that I had to go to school early. I went to school as usual and on the bus, while I was text messaging my friend, I realized the date on my phone- Jan 6, Wed. This date somehow rings a bell, but even after wrecking my brains, I still couldn’t think what that date was or meant.

At school, everything was usual and I went for my lessons. Somehow, everyone was staring at me when I walked into class. Perplexed, I turned back and look around to see if they were looking at me or something beside or around me. However, there wasn’t unusual around me. “Was there something on my face or my uniform?” I thought. I didn’t see anything wrong with me so I didn’t care about them. I walked to my friends, who were talking among themselves, and tried to engage I their conversation. However, as soon as I walked to them, they immediately broke up and dispersed. Weird. “What’s wrong with everyone?”, “Did someone gossiped about me or something?” These questions burned in my head. Lessons continued as usual but the way everyone treated me wasn’t so usual. The attitude they were treating me was real wrong. The only question was why.

For the rest of my time in school, I was so preoccupied with thinking why they were treating me this way that I could hardly concentrate in class. When school finally ended, I packed my bag and as usual, took my own sweet time to pack my bag. From my past experiences, I knew that there were surely people who stayed back for a while to chat or do their homework. But somehow, everyone left hastily and before I knew it, everyone was out of the class. I was once again left out and ostracized.

Just as I was about to leave, I felt something crept behind me. I turned around and before I knew it, a packet of flour hit my face. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” everyone said unanimously. Momentarily stunned, I stood rooted to the ground. A blinding flash hit me and I was immediately brought back to reality. “Hah. Got a picture of you in that retarded face. Now this is priceless!” my friend said, staring at the picture. Covered in flour, everybody came and wished me happy birthday as well as give me presents. We started playing with the flour by throwing it at each other. We soon found each other covered in flour and were laughing heartily at each other. However, the classroom was also in a mess and we began the task of cleaning up the classroom which, although difficult, we were still able to have lots of fun cleaning. But I still couldn’t accept the fact that I actually forgot my birthday.

I felt so touched by what they did and the extent they went to. I feel that although family members are important, friends are also invaluable. They go to school with you and understand the problems and stresses you have with your work or things like that better than your family members since they go through the problems together with you. Also, countless joyful experiences are spent with them. Even when we grow up and look back at our school life, the jokes we make in school still never fail to amuse us. So, I feel that we should treasure every moment we have with our friend since our time together might be limited. Lets enjoy every time we have together.


Credits:

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/image-files/birthday-cake.jpg


back to the top