Gabriel
Gabriel, 14
Victorian

Chatbox



, Gordon, Darryl, Andrew, Zac , Say Wee, Ryan,


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Archives.

January 2010


Credits @Guaranteeheartz!

Date: Saturday, January 23, 2010



On the 11th of January 2010, it marks the day of the release of the O levels results. In 2 years’ time, I’ll be the one taking my O levels (that’s if I fail to get into the IP programme). O levels is known as the Ordinary levels, whereby graduating students will take this national exam which determines which Junior College or Polytechnic they will go to. I felt a little worried for some of my seniors, but also at the same time, excited to know how the batch of 2009 students fared. As Victoria School is a prestigious school and hence has a reputation to live up to. Based on what I know, this batch of students worked very hard to try and surpass the batch of 2008 and 2007. It sure isn’t an easy task but I knew they and the teachers put inn tremendous effort to try and accomplish this goal.

Immediately after school, as soon as we were dismissed, I dashed to the gallery so as to be able to witness the class of 2009 receive their results. However as soon as I got there, I found out that the place was packed and I could hardly get a good view of the hall. But I was still contented to be able to be just present there. I soon manage to get to the front and got a better look of the hall. So the batch of 2009 students came streaming into the hall. Anticipation was written all over their face and judging from their expressions, I could discern who was confident and who was not.

Mr Low then gave an inspirational speech which made me want to work harder. I felt more motivated to do well and be able to do my school proud. After several moments, they commenced with the distribution of the results. The top students were announced and the results were about the same as the past few years. However, it was how the entire cohort faired which was more important.

From the gallery, I could see students who were elated but also, at the same time, could see some which were very depressed and disheartened. I surmised that those people did not do well and were hence very dejected. Although I was sure that all of them put in tremendous effort to do better then the batches from the past few years, but they still couldn’t do it.

Well, looking at those who were collecting their results, I was sure I wanted to e able to shout “YAY!” when I receive my results. I sure don’t want to be one of those who didn’t do well. I can’t and don’t want to imagine myself like one of those students. So, I shall work hard and do my best and study hard such that I will be able to do well and make me, my family and my school proud.

Credits:

http://simplechemconcepts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/GCE%20O%20Level%20Cert%20001.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/3889563816_7ab6ec9648.jpg


back to the top