Gabriel
Gabriel, 14
Victorian

Chatbox



, Gordon, Darryl, Andrew, Zac , Say Wee, Ryan,


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Archives.

January 2010


Credits @Guaranteeheartz!

Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010


Spending time alone can be quite mundane and make you feel lonely at times. However, it is also a time to think, to relax, to unwind, to rev us up and also to rejuvenate ourselves. It makes us better both mentally and physically allow us to reflect on the mistakes we made and hence allows us to improve continuously. Well, that was what happened today. To put it simply, I spent time alone.

I plodded back home from school lugging my bag which to me weighed a ton. I justcouldn't understand why teachers always had us bring bookos which we don't even use. It simply is like carrying weights around! My shoulders were aching and I was drenched in sweat. The Sun was like a fireball, cooking anything that dared to take a step out. I flung my bag onto the ground and I instantly felt like as if I finally got rid of a weight that weighed me down for the last few hours. After taking a bath I immediately started on my homework. I emptied my bag, books after books after books came streaming out. I started counting the number of assignments I had. 1…2…3…4…5…6… My homework was endless! The fact that I did not complete my work the day before now came back to haunt me. I really regret not doing them the past few days. I opened the book and tried to complete the first question. However, no matter how much I tried, I just couldn’t think straight. I kept thinking about the incident that happened in school today. I did real badly for my test and it could cause me to get low grades. I just couldn’t shake it off my mind. And now, I couldn’t even do a simple math question right. I felt like a loser who couldn't get a simple question right. I stared at the book in frustration. Pissed, I threw the book on the floor and stormed out of my room. I decided to stroll in the park to try to calm myself down.

I sauntered in the park and enjoyed the euphoria and serene environment. Taking in deep breaths make me feel so refreshed. The fresh air makes me feel like I am born all over again. The high level of oxygen is what makes me feel better I guess. I thought about how life wasn't going as well as I expected it to be. With disappointments after disappointments, let downs after let downs, it seriously isn’t fun. My parents, friends and teachers all have high expectations from me, telling them I can’t do it isn’t an option. Everything seems to be going so fast and out of control! How I wish it could all just stop and let me think and evaluate the situation. My options were clear. Work hard and get good grades, or slack and get poor grades. But I mean why work so hard now? I am JUST 14… this thought was etched in my mind. As I strolled round the park, something struck me. It then dawned on me that I am not JUST 14 years old; I am ALREADY 14 years old. Working hard is an option; it is only a matter of whether I am willing to. I kept repeating to myself that I had to work hard. With this in mind, I went back home. Putting behind all the unpleasant things that happened, I looked forward and strived to get good grades.

Well, walking alone in the park isn’t my favorite thing to do, but one thing is for sure- I enjoy it. I mean where else can you be able to relax and where all your fears and problems seem to magically wash away. It allows me to think properly and make the right decisions. Walking alone isn’t the same as walking with different girlfriends every week. It makes one enjoy life better. Well, overall its enjoyable and you should try it too!

Credits:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2063/2248257114_49c4cb7450.jpg


back to the top